Sunday, July 18, 2010

Won’t Do It

An artist's personal manager asked me the other day what I’d charge to listen to songs and help pick music for his client’s new project.

Of course, I was very flattered that he was willing to not only solicit my two cents’ worth, but also pay me very well for it, but I said “no, thanks.”

A&O has one job.

We work with radio stations to grow their share of audience.

Along the way, of course, we teach people how to create powerful listener experiences driven by compelling content.

That involves training/motivating talent, sharing techniques which improve impact/program commercials/promotions, interpreting/executing research recommendations and helping make music/rotation decisions that not only delivers on the expectation our brand image promises, but adds as much "extra" creativity, surprise, entertainment value and delight as possible.

A&O’s music information is based on our clients’ specific local situations and thus you’ll never see it being used as a promotional tool.

At Albright & O'Malley, being clear about what you do also means knowing what you won’t do as well.

1 comment:

steve harmon said...

In our old countdown with westwood one..they would ask which song I loved on the album...then make sure it was never released...I admire you and mikes "no way" power..even though u have the ears to do it..steve harmon............