Sunday, July 19, 2009

Can You Top THIS? (file under magnificent stunts..)

From Clayton Allen, KOUL, Corpus Christi:
My morning show partner and I created a bit called “Let’s see who can get on national television first!”

It began this past Friday morning with no time limit, it would just continue until somebody won. Charlie (my co-host) decided she would go the “game show” route, and made a mad dash to San Antonio to try out for “Biggest Loser”. She also sent in dozens of requests for “tickets” to all the tapings in Los Angeles.

I chose my weapon carefully, sticking with something I know and love: FINANCE! Carefully crafting several e-mails to every viewer interactive show on CNBC, I went in quietly.

I so kicked her butt! I got myself booked on CNBC’s “On The Money” with Carmen Wong-Ulrich. We taped over the phone this past Wednesday, and the show aired over the weekend.

Yep, in less than 10 days, I was able to get myself 7 sweet minutes on national television. I didn’t even have to follow the weather channel around, or fly to N.Y. to jump up and down in the Today show background.

Radio is still so much fun, how can people possibly lose their desire to be creative and entertaining?
Here’s the link to the entire segment (click to watch the video).

No comments: