Monday, November 21, 2005

Yes, That IS Collin Raye Singing "You Can't Over Love (Your Underwear)"

Raye, a top country hitmaker in the '90s, admits he was hesitant about being the voice of Fruit of the Loom underwear, but the campaign's goofy humor won him over: "The first couple of times we had to stop the tape because I couldn't do it without laughing," he says.

The campaign has been so successful that he is hoping to turn the relationship with the manufacturer of tighty whiteys into tour support. Collin, who still plays 65-70 dates a year, says, "I'd be so happy to get a tour sponsorship right now I'd wear a pair on my head if they wanted me to."

Expect Raye to increase his touring schedule to about 100 dates in 2006 to promote his new album, "Twenty Years and Change," released on October 25th.

- for more information on Collin Raye contact: Kirt Webster (615.777.6995 x24) or Ebie McFarland (615.777.6995 x25).

No comments: